Sunday 31 May 2015

Jewellery

I have plans of trying to design some jewellery or merchandise linked around the stories i am writing for my fmp, linked by the characters in the story, and seeing how they can be made.

I know from first hand experience that clay is tedious to work with but it can give a wide range of shapes and textures with the right tools, the only health and safety worries would be using the sharper tools such as knives which could cause injury if not careful as well as the use of a kiln, it is very hot and so the use of oven mitts or gloves resistant to heat would be advised when putting the clay into the kiln or taking it out.


For this I would need 3 things;
Clear tape
Double sided tape
My own designs

The only health and safety worries would be the sharp scissors could cause injury as well as tying long hair back so it doesn't get caught in scissors or tape!

I would like to try this out as it seems simple to do however it would not go down the jewellery route i first set out to make


I am also tempted to go back and make more teddy bears like I did did in the passed, however this video only shows heads which could easily be used as door stops or paper weights.

I did enjoy making the teddy bears so I would not mind continuing this instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment