Sunday 29 March 2015

research into hidden messages in logos

The Rainbow Apple of 1976-1998

The rainbow apple was scrapped as it was seen as too expensive to continue.

There were rumours that the bite in the apple was showing respect to the 'inventor of the internet' Alan Turing, who was sentenced for 'homosexual acts' which in 1952 were criminalised, he later committed suicide by eating a cyanide laced apple in 1954.
Though they were laughed at as being just “What a wonderful urban legend.” by the creator of the logo Rob Janoff
According to him the bite was simply a play on word for byte, a unite of information in computing.

but there is also something else hidden in that logo, a phone, from the two empty notches to it, the bite and the bottom of the apple.

Personally I really like the logo and how simple yet thought provoking it is, I'm not sure how I would want to add this sort of idea to my work.

More illustrating text than a logo, the arrow pointing from A to Z meaning easy or simple, or just having a range of products from A to Z, but the arrow could also be a smile, which I find an adorable idea, I do see something like this for my brand name, I do like using illustrating text from time to time.

As well as the obvious there is also thought put into the colour, black writing usually shows sensible, or once again straight to the point, though the yellow arrow shows more of a fun and 'sunshine' message

No comments:

Post a Comment