Thursday 12 June 2014

Textiles- Rosie James

Rosie James
What makes Rosie's style recognise able is how she leaves loose threads hanging from her stitch work it gives an effect of movement and gives it the illusion of movement. I love sketching and doodling as you may have come to notice, so I am fascinated by her stitches, it sure is interesting and more so when she uses more than one piece of fabric, for example

The cut out silhouettes of people look to represent shadows or people behind the sketch work, these background characters mock the thought of 'blending in' and choose a more drastic approach to stand out behind these 'main character' sketch work in the foreground'

She even sketched something as delicate as a detailed human hand, at first I was convinced this was a sketch she had done but on closer inspection I found I was mistaken.

I wound very much like to mimic her work in the future, I think the style would go very well with my 'hair' idea AND my 'scars and stitches plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment