Monday 29 June 2015

Concept sheets

This is my origional sketch for Gloria, the sketch is pretty clean in terms of mistakes but the few mistakes i will see in editing will of corse be corrected, the mistakes i can see right now include, the breast and t-shirt fold preportions as well as the key doesnt seem to link in any way so i will edit that out!
I liften the visible breast up a few millimetres because it looked odd as well as adjusted the placement of the shading, I decided to give her shirt a flower pattern as well as change the key to a flower to show her passion to become a florist, I limited myself to 3 colours for shading, a darker, a lighter and a base

I thought the concept sheet looked a little dull so i added 50% opacity circles behind the text, using the same colour as the flowers on her shirt to keep it looking cheerful and busy!


Undertakers reference needed a lot of changing, the sketching was rushed at the time, not because i was running out of time but because i wanted to test myself on the computer.


It took a while to make the adjustments, moving the hands so that they join to the sleeves or making the sleeves. Duplicating the eye like in glories and showing a blind eye and a non blind eye.
I felt the full skull did not need to be shown in this so i cropped it to a smaller size and stashed it in a corner so it was not the centre of attention.
I formed the skull on the spiders back, moving the eyes to position and creating the outline for it.
but most of my time was simply just cleaning the sketches.

I decided to keep the spiral blush on the cheeks to show expression, I added it to undertakers reference to show consistancy.



No comments:

Post a Comment