Monday 27 April 2015


Here are the videos i used in one of my instillation tests, the first one was about dizziness, my theme was going to be madness as I believed they link well.
The second one was to show the madness in doing nothing or feeling like the screen is lagging.

however with time I found the images too dull, they were very similar as they were in one place and with the same character
This was the result of rushing to have a finished piece however once I had finished it I felt it was severely lacking, so instead I used it as a learning curve, I learnt how to merge videos, speed up and slow down from this which are all useful things to lead me to my real final piece

Though I do like the big reveal on the eyes as the video behind had eyes near the same level, it gave an wary effect that fits in with madness.

I had people sit on chairs looking at the ceiling, I then spun the chairs and made them try to walk down the hallway, I could fit this into madness because or the dizziness and confusion as well as the inability to walk in a straight line, i.e life is hard
I decided too try and dull the colours by tinting the video clips a brown colour so it looked old fashioned, to try and fit the music some were darker to show the harshness, the darker clip was actually an accident when recording, someone who had just been spun ran into the radiator before dramatically sliding to the floor so I decided to keep it in for this one, to show that the dizziness is not good.
the dramatic music in the background is from a game called amnesia the dark descent but played slower and backwards

This is my final video, it has a lot of changes from its first one. with a happier feel to it than before, no colour tints this time to show off the vibrant colours.
This one still fits in with madness because they know how they will feel after being spun, the dizzy nauseousness, but yet they still go through with it like a drug almost. 
The sounds playing are the laughter recorded while they were being spun or when they were walking, this is to test the theory that laughing is infectious, when you hear someone laugh you are more likely to laugh with them, however the sounds are not from the clip they are playing along, they have all been mixed up so some guys have girls laughing and some girls have guys laughing because I find that funnier.  
I do like this video and am proud of it however I think I could improve next time by recording in a more open space like outside or in a field and record more sounds to be played in the background of the video, but i think i did well in trimming, placement and variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment